As we entered a week of studying 1 Peter, Kempton Turner used this short introduction to establish a context for the gospel hope we can find despite suffering and trials. But more than that, it centers our focus on the source of hope: the Triune God, whose foreknowledge, sanctification, and justification lead us to faithful obedience to Jesus. And it is this good news that gives access to a kind of exponential grace and peace that nothing else can offer.
- In your own words, what did God speak to your heart through the message?
- Like Peter, has Jesus transformed your life? Share one way that Jesus has changed your life. (If He has not, surrender to Him today.)
- How does being “elect” show off how much God loves His people?
- No matter the pain, trauma, sadness—the Lord cares and always knows where you are. How does this reality encourage you?
- Share one area of your life where you desperately need God’s grace and peace. Take a few minutes as a group to pray for these needs.